USSSA is the largest multi-sport sanctioning body in the world with over 4 million sanctioned teams and events. Premier Sports Events is the tournament company acting on behalf of USSSA Illinois and Wisconsin and uses USSSA as their sanctioning body. Premier Sports is a youth sports event company primarily focusing on youth sport tournaments ages 8U through 18U. This internship would entail a wide variety of opportunities including, but not limited to; on-site event management and planning, operations, sales, marketing, facility operations, and media relations on State and National events such as the USSSA World Series, USSSA Global World Series, and State Tournament Weekend.
We would like for the intern to help in all facets of our company in order to get a well-rounded internship. We expect the intern to be on time, be able to multitask, and have flexible hours on the weekends with some prior knowledge of event operations or the willingness to learn.
1. Event Management Skills required.
2. Self-motivated and well organized.
3. Willingness to work with staff members, personnel and other interns.
4. Willingness to help with all programs and events.
5. Able to use Microsoft Office, Excel.
6. Able to cold call coaches, parents, and players for Tournaments, All-Star Invites, or Information on USSSA.
7. Computer skills.
1. College credit if applicable to your studies.
2. Meeting and networking with Park Districts, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, and professional sports organizations will provide interns with great networking opportunities.
3. USSSA and Premier Sports are rapidly expanding (both locally and internationally) and internships may have the opportunity to turn into full-time employment.
4. References and letter of recommendation on completion of the program.
1. Help in the execution of Premier Sports/USSSA events and all-star events.
2. Weekly work requirement will entail a combination of 4 days in the office and out working the weekend events.
3. Must have reliable transportation.
The internship position will begin in late spring or early summer depending upon student’s academic schedule. Students will be exposed to both in office work and weekend tournaments (estimated 40 hr/week).
If you have questions, or would like to apply, please leave your name and contact information.